The New York office team is seeking interns to talk to two million All Out members worldwide, supporting with community management and finding amazing content to share with our membership via email, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and beyond. Passionate about the rights of lesbian, gay, bi, and trans people everywhere? Internet addict? Enthusiastic people person? You might be the perfect fit to help manage our truly global community.
In 76 countries around the world it’s a crime to be gay. At All Out, we’re mobilizing millions of people and their social networks to build a powerful movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
Community Management Social Media Interns
Activities will include:
- Responding and engaging directly with All Out members, adding a personal touch through community management platform ZenDesk
- Researching breaking news on LGBT issues around the world for potential campaigns and shareable content
- Harnessing member energy to collect skillshares and report backs for the full team
- Contributing to strategy discussions on new and existing campaigns, and collaborating with the team to launch and manage offline strands of campaigns when appropriate
Educational opportunities:This is an amazing opportunity to learn first-hand how a nimble campaigning organization communicates and engages a wide membership through online platforms. The intern will learn:
- How to engage a large membership and keep it active through a commitment curve
- Customer service skills through community management, including quick problem solving and brand ambassadorship
- How to tell a compelling story to a broad audience
- How to work with world-class campaigners in a global, fast-paced, tech-focused environment
- Team-working skills
- How to run online campaigns, including social media advocacy, mass email writing, and other transferable marketing skills
- Analytics of platforms such as Sprout Social, ZenDesk, Facebook, and more
- The internal workings of a fast-paced campaigning organization
- Has a demonstrated commitment to and understanding of LGBT rights, international human rights, or similar social justice movements
- Can work independently and think creatively about our work
- Has the ability to initiate and follow through on projects
- Is fluent in written and spoken English – bonus points for French, Spanish, or Portuguese fluency
- Has a keen interest in all things online
Interns are eligible for academic credit. The position will be based in the heart of New York City, surrounded by other brilliant, fun-loving colleagues at All Out. We are looking for someone who can start immediately and commit at least 15-20 hours a week. This position will run through May and has the option to extend through the summer.We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, specifically women, people of color, LGBT people and international applicants.
To apply:Please click here to apply for this position. Please make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page to submit your application. The post Community Management Social Media Interns appeared first on Seasons of Pride. Media Provided by the GayWebSource.com - Gay News & Press Network.
To republish this post please visit Community Management Social Media Interns