Diverse and Resilient, Inc. – Milwaukee, WI
Coordinates access to HIV counseling, testing, and referral services for target populations and provides advanced HIV program support to the HIV Prevention Program Manager.
In achieving the organization’s mission of addressing the healthy development of LGBT youth and adults in Wisconsin, the Counseling, Testing, and Referral (CTR) Specialist partners with the Program Manager to implement programs to reduce HIV among gay and bisexual men and build capacity in communities and organizations in Milwaukee County. This work is exciting, engaging, varied, and challenging.
HIV Counseling, Testing, and Referral (CTR) Specialist
- Reports to HIV Prevention Program Coordinator II and Prevention Manager.
- May provide work direction to program assistants, clerical staff, interns, or volunteers.
- Performs counseling, testing, and referral services to target populations
- Receives training and maintains skills for accurate, high-quality, culturally competent HIV testing.
- Participates in and organizes community outreach events and conducts one-on-one outreach meetings with target population members.
- Identifies persons who are at high risk for HIV infection or are HIV infected and facilitates access to counseling, testing, and referral services.
- Identifies and establishes relationships with community service providers to seek referrals of persons who are at high risk for HIV infection or are HIV infected.
- Provides client-level education and support to identify barriers and facilitate access to referral services.
- Monitor the outcome of referrals to assure agency and client follow-through.
- Routinely participates in HIV risk prevention and health promotion planning and projects by taking an active contributory role; has responsibility for significant portions of project implementation.
- Identifies and plans, develops, and implements additional projects or reports which may be useful to the organization.
- Responds to a wide variety of questions requiring substantial knowledge of the planning projects in particular and the organization in general. Resolves issues to limit issues forwarded to manager.
- Gathers, compiles, and summarizes data for analysis by the Director. Assists in monitoring, tracking, and analyzing data.
- Oversees and/or maintains organizational files, binders, records, logs, etc. Usually is responsible for maintaining the most confidential files. Identifies need for additional recordkeeping and establishes same.
- Frequently uses confidential information and communicates diplomatically to maintain confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as necessity dictates.
- The incumbent is responsible for adhering to established service standards of cultural competency and reinforcing those standards with peers, team members.
- Support other D&R programs, including youth programming and company-wide projects.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent may be acceptable under rare circumstances with evidence of advanced experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in HIV counseling, testing, and referral services preferred. At least one year must be in working with young MSM, particularly African American MSM; three years of work in human sexuality may substitute for this.
- Holds valid Wisconsin driver’s license has access to reliable automobile.
- Must regularly enhance computer skills by completing appropriate training classes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Excellent detail-oriented organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills involving established methods or practices; demonstrated ability to make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy throughout the workday.
- Considered adept with software applications unique to the organization (i.e., word processing and spreadsheet applications, graphics software, data reporting software, etc.).
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, and lift frequently throughout the workday.
- Occasionally lifts items weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Must have functional speech, vision, and hearing.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
Email or send resume and letter of interest to Mark Neufang, Diverse & Resilient, 2439 N Holton St, Milwaukee, WI 53212 (email@example.com). Resumes should be submitted no later than March 16, 2015; no phone calls, please. Be sure to include the position(s) for which you are applying in your letter.The post HIV Counseling, Testing, and Referral (CTR) Specialist appeared first on Seasons of Pride. Media Provided by the GayWebSource.com - Gay News & Press Network.
To republish this post please visit HIV Counseling, Testing, and Referral (CTR) Specialist