(GayWebSource.com - Gay News & Press Network) - Posted by mysocalledgaylife.com The Village bakers are an LGBT social group with the aim to Bake it! Bring it! Share it! Within Manchester’s Gay Village. Inspired by the Great British Bake Off, the Village Bakers was formed in November 2012 by a group of friends meeting and sharing homemade cake and lots of glasses of wine. Since then, the group has grown in popularity with over 500 followers on Facebook & Twitter. Kevin Sargent Chair of Village Bakers: “Village Bakers are extremely proud to have been recognised as an Awesome Network. Our philosophy is to be an all inclusive social group at the heart of the LGBT Community with a simple belief that there is no better way to make friends then sharing a big slice of cake.” Inclusive Networks Awesome Network Awards are about showing what LGBT groups have achieved in 2014, something special or a highlight that makes them stand out. This helps to create a more inclusive society where diversity is being celebrated and members feel fully part and taking an active role within the group/network. Thomas Anderson, Inclusive Networks Founder and Chief Executive, quotes: “The diversity of the nominations received in our first Awesome Network list is a celebration of the many authentic networks around the UK that have each made their mark and have a real positive impact on those people who engage with them, and in many cases, the communities where they operate. From the nominations received, it’s clear that Village Bakers are offering unique networking opportunities where everyone is welcome. The group of dedicated volunteers are going the extra mile to support many charities and community groups too – something that should be applauded. What a great combination a G&T, slice of cake and plenty of friendly faces is!” The Village Bakers had a fabulous year in 2014, seeing the group go from strength to strength with increasing membership numbers and taking part in events such as Sparkle & IDAHOBIT as well as ‘The Great Village Bake Off’, part of Manchester Pride Fringe supported by Manchester’s Molly House… a truly spectacular event… the culmination of a huge amount of baking talent within the sweet and savoury categories. Judging the event was baking expert and finalist of 2013 BBC Great British Bake Off, Mr Howard Middleton whose baking knowledge was a fantastic addition to the competition and really made the event work well. Village Bakers also won LGF Homo Hero award 2014 which showed hard work and commitment from the committee and members as well as support from the wider Manchester community. They are very excited for 2015 and already have lots of exciting events in the pipeline. The post appeared first on Manchester’s LGBT Village Bakers Nominated as a 2015 ‘Awesome Network’ . Media Provided by the GayWebSource.com - Gay News & Press Network.
To republish this post please visit Manchester’s LGBT Village Bakers Nominated as a 2015 ‘Awesome Network’
'Pray for Mogadishu' is not trending, but Somalis are mobilising
Old banger v diesel: Which is the more toxic?
How 'MeToo' is exposing the scale of sexual abuse
New Zealand town funds its own petrol station
Can we teach robots ethics?
Defeating 'the most dangerous threat'
The gardeners of Kabul
Baby loss: 'People sharing stories is the biggest comfort'
Japanese zoo mourns anime-loving celebrity penguin
The UK city where sex work is banned, but hasn't stopped
Blog & Press Release Categories
- Blogs Central
- Press Release Service
- ZPT – Other Post Types
- zTwitter Talk
Login / My Account
Most Recent Post
- Santa Monica College Deploys Mobile Strategy to Increase Enrollment with Modo Labs
- Market Time for Homes Was the Lowest in More Than a Decade in Metro Chicago During 3rd Quarter, RE/MAX Reports; Prices Rose 4.8 Percent
- Miva, Inc. Announces Native Integration with MailChimp
- Nature’s Rite Offers New Money-Back Guarantee on All Orders
- SUNUP Names Larry Pratt Chief Agency Officer
- On Site Essex, Massachusetts Estate Auction October, 21 at 10:00 Am EST
- Brain Sentinel’s SPEAC® System Named “Best of What’s New” for 2017 by Popular Science Magazine
- Bluffton SC Based Village Park Homes to Build 2018 St. Jude Dream Home in Richmond Hill, GA.
- Transformizer Pro – Launch of a Sound Idea Creation and Composition Software Plugin
- A New, Online Recommendation Platform For Increased Client Conversion
- Pharma Botanica products coming to RonnieColemanNutrition.com
- ReadyReturns® Product Returns Software is Now Available Through the UPS™ Ready Customer Technology Program (CTP)
- AMRI’s SSCI Adds Cobalt Light Systems Transmission Raman Spectrometer to Expand Vibrational Spectroscopy Services
- IntelliSoft Group Introduces New Hybrid Product that Combines Software and CVO Services at the National Association Medical Staff Services Annual Conference
- NJ Top Dentists Presents, Dr. Michael Scagnelli as a 2 Year NJ Top Dentist
- Andrews Federal Credit Union Sponsors Fitness Resolution Day in Wiesbaden
- Sustain Sleep Utilizes Capsule-in-Capsule Technology to Create Ideal Sleep Experience
- Suggestic Wins Health 2.0 2017 Launch! Competition
- Peyman S. Zand Awarded CFCHE Certification: CHIME Foundation Certified Healthcare Executive Title Recognizes Dedication to Education
- Ruffalo Noel Levitz Releases Report on Digital Fundraising and Millennial Donor Engagement
- Innotech Nutrition products available now on Amazon.com
- Tulane School of Professional Advancement Mississippi Coast Campus Announces New Hires
- 3DMammogram.org introduces Search See and Schedule Program
- Sagetree, a San Diego Website Design & Development Firm, Announces New Branding and Website for Cortica™
- EC-Council Announces CISO Award Winners at Black Tie Gala
active 3 years, 6 months ago
active 3 years, 8 months ago
active 3 years, 8 months ago
There are no users currently online
Advocacy blog Blogs About Men business Calendar canada Celebrity Community Dr. Eliaz Dr. Isaac Eliaz entertainment erotica Europe film Front Page gay Gay Business News Gay Columns gay pride gender identity Germany Health Jobs lgbt LGBT Community Lifestyle London Los Angeles music news New York City politics pride parade review same sex marriage san francisco sexual orientation theatre Theatre Review uk UK News usa USA News World Youth